26 In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, 27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. 28 The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.” (Luke 1:26-28, NIV)
I will like you to thirst for the Word of God. For that alone can raise your hopes alive. Now these verses of the Bible pronounce assurance, upliftment, recognition, honor, prominence, glory, compassion and to mention but a few.
On the sixth month, a special visit made to a lady called Mary in the city of Galilee. She was not a prominent person but just a humble and simple lady in the community. With favor from the Most High an Angel of the Lord visited the Virgin Mary in the Nazareth with a special greetings, “Rejoice,
Highly Favored One, the Lord is with you.”
During the period as we observe and await the birth of the Savior Jesus, I want to bring to our attention what awaits us as we expect the arrival of the Savior in our lives.
- Assurance: we are assurance of having life and in abundance in Him
- Upliftment: we are lifted from the pit of despair, out of the miry clay and set our feet on a rock and establishes our steps (Psalm 40:2)
- Recognition: we are given recognition by grace to become sons and daughters of the Lord because we have believed in Him. (John 1:12)
- Honor: we are honored because we have become sons and daughters, we are given double honors (Isaiah 61:7) the VIRGIN MARY WAS HONORED INSTEAD OF A SHAME so are we also made.
- Prominence: keep up your faith and you will surely be brought to the prominence the Lord has destined for you. (Esther 6: 6-13) – Mordecai made to be served by Haman.
- Glory: Glory shall never pass you by. (John 16:14)
- Compassion: He has chosen you to show you compassion. (Romans 9:15)
Conclusion: The Lord is seated on His throne and has located you to bless you among all. The Virgin Mary had a special visitation of the Angel of the Lord and that changed and gave her a special prominence among all. You will be visited too brought to your prominence as destined by your